creditcardGenius 2020 Scholarship Canada
Submit your application for a chance to receive a $2,000 scholarship.
About the creditcardGenius scholarship
creditcardGenius (a WeyMedia Inc. business) proudly announces the second year of providing a scholarship available to Canadian students enrolled in full-time undergraduate or graduate studies. We’re looking for a student committed to academic excellence, with outstanding academic achievement, no matter what field of study they are in.
The chosen student will be awarded $2,000 CAD which may be used towards the cost of their studies, helping them get a head start on their personal finance journey as young adults. (To see our 2019 scholarship winner, check out our blog post.)
We understand that it has become increasingly difficult for today’s younger generation to finish their studies without carrying large amounts of student debt or credit card debt. As such, learning important money lessons and personal finance habits has become more important now than ever.
Founded in 2017, creditcardGenius has been dedicated to teaching Canadians that being good with money can be easy and fun. Through educating Canadian consumers on how to use credit cards responsibly, financial dreams are within reach after all.
Students can reach their full potential and financial stability. And we want to help in giving the future generation of working men and women a chance to do so by alleviating some of the financial burdens that come with pursuing their studies for an extended period of time through this bursary.
creditcardGenius scholarship qualifications
In order to qualify for this scholarship, the student must:
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student enrolled and attending a Canadian university or college, and in at least the second year of their post-secondary studies
- Demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.5 (or equivalent)
- Submit an essay in Word or PDF (tell us your relationship with money in 500 words or more)
- A citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Deadline for scholarship application
The application deadline for this scholarship is 11:59 PM Friday, September 4, 2020 (Eastern Time).
The recipient will be notified within 3 business days of the deadline and will be contacted at the email address provided at the time of application. Up to 3 attempts will be made to contact the recipient within 3 business days following our decision. If the recipient does not or cannot accept the scholarship, for any reason, it may be forfeited and a new recipient selected, at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of any recipient to receive notification or for us to receive the recipient’s response.
The chosen recipient will be announced Friday, September 25, 2020.
creditcardGenius scholarship application
To apply, please submit your information below. All entries must be complete and are subject to our verification, in our sole discretion. Once you’ve submitted the application, you can check your inbox to confirm your email.
creditcardGenius exists to help you make better decisions about the credit cards you decide to keep in your wallet. Our credit card comparison engine uses a proprietary formula to rate 126+ features for 178 credit cards currently available in Canada, calculating a final “Genius Rating” for each that ranges from 0 and 5. Learn about our Rating Methodology here.
And the final score we show you is weighted by what you think is most important, so you’ll have the best information available the next time you’re choosing a new credit card.
Official Link: https://creditcardgenius.ca/scholarship-canada
Here’s a quick selection of some of our articles:
- Financing For Students – From Student Credit Cards To Student Loan Services
- Will Your Student Loan Tank Your Credit?
- How To Pay Student Debt In Canada Fast
- Student Credit Cards: My Cautionary Tale
- 8 Loyalty Programs To Save You Money During College ‒ And Beyond
- How To Score Free Amazon Gift Cards
- Credit Score In Canada: What These 3 Digits Say About You
- How Credit Card Interest Works in Canada
- Why Credit Card Research Could Pay Off Big
- 11 Credit Card Terms Explained
- 4 Ways Credit Card Companies Make Money
- The Truth About Cash Back Vs. Travel Rewards
- Which Canadian Rewards Program Is Worth The Most?
- Best Student Credit Cards In Canada For 2020
- Which Bank Has The Best Credit Card?
- 2020’s Best Credit Cards In Canada
- 25 Credit Card Hacks To Boost Your Rewards Big Time
- 12 Credit Card Mistakes You Can’t Afford To Make